ARTS San Antonio Announced its '15-'16 Season that includes a production of Don Quixote by the Sahrdaya Foundation (video below) and Pedal Punk by Cirque Mechanics, a steam punk production about a wacky bike shop mechanic. ARTS San Antonio is a local non-profit organization focused on bringing performances to San Antonio that are significant and artistic. They are not a for-profit presenter like LiveNation or SFX and only interested in performers who will be profitable. They are also "not a building trying to fill their calendar, but are committed to creating diverse performing arts experiences for our city." The 2015-16 Season features 13 productions. Two presentations will take place at the renovated Aztec Theatre, 4 at the Majestic, 3 at Lila Cockrell, 2 at the Empire Theatre and 2 at Laurie Auditorium at Trinity University.
Discounted tickets for the five 2015-16 Season subscription packages are on sale now at ArtsSA.org or at (210) 226-2891. Individual tickets will be available for purchase at a later date. Subscribers receive preferred seating assignments.
Individual Productions 2015-2016 Season
- Don Quixote, Sahrdaya, Sunday, September 13, 7:30 p.m. at the Charline McCombs Empire Theatre
- The National Acrobats and Circus of China, Tuesday, October 6, 7:30 p.m.at the Majestic Theatre
- Adios! Buena Vista Social Club Orchestra, Saturday, October 17, 7:30 p.m.at Laurie Auditorium at Trinity University
- Carmen.Maquia, Ballet Hispanico, Thursday, October 22, 7:30 p.m. at Lila Cockrell Theatre
- ZooZoo, Imago Theater, Sunday, November 8, 7:30 p.m. at the Aztec Theare
- Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker, Mejia Ballet International, December 18-20 at Lila Cockrell Theatre
- Yamato Drummers, Tuesday, February 9, 7:30 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre
- A Fiesta Mexicana! Los Lobos and Ballet Folklorico Mexicano, Friday, February 12, 7:30 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre
- Band of the Royal Marines and Highland Pipes and Dancers, Wednesday, February 17, 7:30 p.m. at Lila Cockrell Theatre
- Mr. and Mrs. Dream, Tuesday, March 22, 7:30 p.m. at the Aztec Theatre
- 1Hal Holbrook in Mark Twain Tonight! Thursday, March 24, 7:30 p.m. atLaurie Auditorium at Trinity University
- Pedal Punk, Cirque Mechanics, Friday, April 1, 7:30 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre
- Memories of Rio, Sergio and Odair Assad, classical/Spanish guitarists, with Clarice Assad, Thursday, April 14, 7:30 p.m. at the Charline McCombs Empire Theatre